Interview with Alexander Zverev
- How is the knee? It didn’t look to good on the grass. Then you were treated and somehow it went on?
- Yes, I have a bit of pain and it is swollen but you could see that I was able to continue the match. The court was a bit wet but luckily then they switched on the air-conditioning and it got better. I hope it’s nothing serious and that it will be better tomorrow, not worse.
- You seemed very motivated on the court right from the start. Is it that you want to get further in this tournament after your defeat in Stuttgart?
- I think it’s rather because this is probably one of my favourite tournaments and I’m always motivated here. Last year, I played with an injury here and lost first round and this year I really want to do well. I hope this was a good start for a good tournament for me.
- You will play Steve Johnson next. You only played him once and lost both sets in the tiebreak. Do you still think of that or is it a completely new story?
- I was only 18 back then. It was three and a half years ago. A lot has changed since then. It was a very good match for both of us also for me and I hope that this time it will have a different ending. He is someone who has an unbelievable serve, a very good grass court game; he has won a few tournaments on grass. He has a good forehand and a very good slice. He beat Philipp in straight sets which also tells a lot. It won’t be an easy match but there are no bad players here. Therefore, there aren’t any easy matches here.