Interview with Alexander Zverev
- How do you analyse today? Pretty well?
- Yes, I mean, very well for the circumstances I think. Obviously, I got a little bit injured on Monday in the singles. So, I had to pull out of the doubles on Tuesday which was very unfortunate. We love to play here with my brother and we always do pretty well. You know, I didn’t play at all on Tuesday, yesterday like half an hour but also was in a lot of pain. Today, it felt okay on court but there are still some moves when I felt it. But I am definitely happy with how things went.
- Is it any worrying looking forward or is it just a matter of time?
- I hope not. I hope it’s just a matter of time. Obviously my knee is still very swollen but the pain is much much less than it was a few days ago. So, I hope you know when the swelling goes out it will be much better.
- Considering the circumstances that was a very impressive performance today I think?
- Yes, I also think that I played quite well, very aggressive, especially because Steve is … it’s his best surface. He has won two tournaments on grass. Therefore, I’m quite happy with how things went and that I’m still in the tournament tomorrow.
- Your next opponent will be Richard Gasquet. You beat him twice? So what do you think is possible tomorrow?
- I lost to him once at a Challenger. But this was when I was 17 years old. It’s been a while. He is a difficult opponent, always. A while ago he was Top Ten and he has had his problems, too. He is really playing very god tennis and has had two good matches here. Therefore, I am looking forward to the match. Let’s see how it will go.